Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary

A universal discussion platform about Islam and aspects of our lives

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Polygamy! :D

Go down 
+2
notBelal1
leela
6 posters
AuthorMessage
leela
Forum Member
leela

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Polygamy! :D Empty
PostSubject: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 3:57 pm

Well, this section is surprisingly empty.. so I thought I'd post the first thread.. How about polygamy for a topic? That seems like a popular choice... Very Happy

Feel free to go off topic if you like..
Back to top Go down
notBelal1
Forum Member

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 5:54 pm

leela wrote:
Well, this section is surprisingly empty.. so I thought I'd post the first thread.. How about polygamy for a topic? That seems like a popular choice... Very Happy

Feel free to go off topic if you like..

as salamu alaikum,

I don't see what's the big deal with polygamy. Would some sisters rather have their husbands to themselves knowing some muslimah is out there widowed with children, in the streets literally begging to make ends meet?

If all the brothers really wanted was to share intimate moments with many females (one at a time), I'd too would be somewhat indifferent towards the topic, however there are great legitimate reasons why polygamy should be practiced.

as salamu alaikum
Back to top Go down
Kal-El
Admin
Kal-El

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:25 am

But the main reason why Polygamy is practised is for intimate reasons though bro.
Back to top Go down
https://sanctuary.forumotion.org
[!.:Fady:.!]
Forum Member

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 2:17 am

nothing wrong with Polygamy......

YUSUFALI: If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

So yea marriage is 2, 3 or 4 but if you think you cant deal fairly then only 1
Back to top Go down
The Deen

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 2:19 am

Assalamu Alaykum,

People seem to think that polygamy is encouraged. Today you find discussion upon discussion on the topic, and, not to cause offense to anyone, but you find brothers saying: If the prophet sallallahualayhiwasallam allowed it, why not do it?!

The Prophet peace be upon him permitted it. Islam has not encouraged it, but permittied it, like after wars when many men may have passed away, leaving behind widows and children, then to step in to take care of these women, Islam has permitted a man to marry again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-deen.co.uk
Forum Member

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 2:53 am

The Deen wrote:
Assalamu Alaykum,

People seem to think that polygamy is encouraged. Today you find discussion upon discussion on the topic, and, not to cause offense to anyone, but you find brothers saying: If the prophet sallallahualayhiwasallam allowed it, why not do it?!

The Prophet peace be upon him permitted it. Islam has not encouraged it, but permittied it, like after wars when many men may have passed away, leaving behind widows and children, then to step in to take care of these women, Islam has permitted a man to marry again.

thats the thing the Prophet SAW did it so theres nothing wrong in doing it, and not only after wars is it Allowed, so if im Married and i wanna marry again i can (even without my 1st wives permission, but obviously will discuss with her cause you know).
Back to top Go down
Kal-El
Admin
Kal-El

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 4:35 am

But people have to understand that the reasons for why he married are not the same as why men usually marry nowdays. There are noble reasons to want to marry again e.g. if a sister is need of support. But men in general are allowed to marry up to 4, and the vast vast majority of them marry again because of cultural and/or personal reasons. For example, they'd like another woman and want her.

The practice of polygamy, technically, there is nothing wrong with it. But ofcourse the whole dilemma with it is that it should not be encouraged, and this is emphasised in our deen, because of its destructive potential. Only a foolish man would think he can "just marry" without there being some sort of negative impact on his life or the lives of people around him e.g. such as his wife.
Back to top Go down
https://sanctuary.forumotion.org
The Deen

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:41 am

Assalamu Alaykum,

Post above is exact.

The Prophet peace be upon him married 11 times, men are permitted to marry up to 4 times.

And as I said before, it is not encouraged, it is merely permitted, for example in times of need.

Yes, of course it is allowed, even the wife's permission isn't needed, but it is not something which men should start going around being boastful about.

Islam is beauty, and it is portrayed in the very topic of polygamy.
Back to top Go down
Elji
Elji

Male Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 4:40 am

[!.:Fady:.!] wrote:
nothing wrong with Polygamy......

YUSUFALI: If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

So yea marriage is 2, 3 or 4 but if you think you cant deal fairly then only 1

That translation is incorrect
Back to top Go down
Elji
Elji

Male Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 4:41 am

The Deen wrote:
Assalamu Alaykum,

Post above is exact.

The Prophet peace be upon him married 11 times, men are permitted to marry up to 4 times.

And as I said before, it is not encouraged, it is merely permitted, for example in times of need.

Yes, of course it is allowed, even the wife's permission isn't needed, but it is not something which men should start going around being boastful about.

Islam is beauty, and it is portrayed in the very topic of polygamy.

The prophet married but not for personal or lustful reasons.. but for other more important reasons, read the seerah.
Back to top Go down
The Deen

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 11:26 am

Assalamu Alaykum,

Yes, what you have written is correct. And this is the same reason that other men should marry for insha'Allah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polygamy! :D   Polygamy! :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Polygamy! :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary :: Main :: Marriage-
Jump to: