Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary

A universal discussion platform about Islam and aspects of our lives

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kal-El
Admin
Kal-El

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Empty
PostSubject: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 7:53 pm

Over the past few weeks, there have probably been the most closures and deletions of threads than probably since I joined there in early October of last year. As a result of this, there have also been creating threads complaining of this troubled time; ironically such threads also end up getting closed sometimes.

Some of you have been members there for a longer time than me - have you seen anything like this before? People are becoming less intolerant, either that or Moderators are.
Back to top Go down
https://sanctuary.forumotion.org
leela
Forum Member
leela

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 10:16 am

I do agree with you. I think I've been there for about as long as you.. beginning of October? But yes, lots of threads getting closed unnecessarily. Of course, there is the issue that alot of the topics have been covered before and it only takes a quick search to find those old discussions. (so making new ones will only be e repitition of them.)
Back to top Go down
Kal-El
Admin
Kal-El

PostSubject: Re: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 10:17 am

There's also more bickering and argument. And although most say that it's caused by the non-Muslims', it seems that some Muslims are happy to oblige by continuing it on until those threads get closed.

*confused*
Back to top Go down
leela
Forum Member
leela

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 8:02 am

Again, I agree. Wish there was less of that and more real debate. Haven't been participating much in current events lately.. not as much as I used to. Finding it quite difficult to carry on a rational argument when all someone wants to do is indulge in a bit of name calling and not bothering to stick with the topic.
Back to top Go down
Kal-El
Admin
Kal-El

PostSubject: Re: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 10:52 am

Yeah that is also true. People never acknowledge anything the other says. In fact, real discussions are rare. It's mainly just arguments and slurs being volleyed around.
Back to top Go down
DetainE

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:42 pm

Yeah, absolutely despicable.
Back to top Go down
Sarah123

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:54 am

I think its the lack of respect and tolerence that is causing most of the problems... unfortunately this is the state we are in at the moment...
Back to top Go down
Kal-El
Admin
Kal-El

PostSubject: Re: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:18 pm

To be fair, this thread was created like months ago. It's much better now. But back then we used to get threads closed every few minutes lol
Back to top Go down
notBelal1
Forum Member

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:22 pm

Ummah is just....bizarre sometimes. that's all. It should be more like this other cool forum linked in my sig. Smile

Admin: No advertising other crap sites on this forum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:37 am

Ummah's changed Sad

notBelal1 wrote:
Ummah is just....bizarre sometimes. that's all. It should be more like this other cool forum linked in my sig. Smile

Admin: No advertising other crap sites on this forum

*rotfl*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?   Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Ummah.com Going Through A Phase?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary :: Main :: General-
Jump to: