Sanctuary
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary

A universal discussion platform about Islam and aspects of our lives

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good news, friends.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
saadet

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Good news, friends. Empty
PostSubject: Good news, friends.   Good news, friends. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 9:42 pm

I'm Saadet [aka] Selamat. You all know me. I'm not too keen on the whole pirate theme of the board, but I do like the idea of a different forum.

Still, without some foolish posters and threads, I fear this board will become too serious. Like a evening with 18th-Century bespeckled British anthropologists, stroking their walrus moustaches and clucking their tongues, "Why, whatever to do about the war in Crimea!"

Moderators Note: Brother Sadeet, although the forum's inspiration came from the frustration others have had with Ummah over the past, it is my personal priority to have no negative or derogative references made in regards to other's on Ummah, especially the Moderators there who already feel frustrated at how their decisions - regardless if they're right or wrong - are constantly questioned publicly.

We'd like the Sanctuary to be a relief of such talk and such things, in every form, even in indirect reference. Unfortunately I've had to respond due to a complaint, and in that, I have edited out a part of your sentence in your first paragraph.

I do not like editing or interfering with others opinions, but there are things which are best left unsaid.

Thank you

Back to top Go down
Kal-El
Admin
Kal-El

Male Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Good news, friends.   Good news, friends. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 9:52 pm

The theme of the forum can be changed, there are not alot to choose from. This one is the most 'adventurous' whereas there are ones that are exactly like the Ummah theme but that would have been too audacious for me to completely copy that site.

I doubt it would become "too serious". The vast majority of those who will sign up are those who get bored of Ummah for a while and just use a few minutes of their time to post here - and I doubt the hardcore debaters would do that.
Back to top Go down
https://sanctuary.forumotion.org
Supernova Nebula
Supernova Nebula

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Good news, friends.   Good news, friends. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 10:32 pm

saadet wrote:
I'm Saadet [aka] Selamat. You all know me. I'm not too keen on the whole pirate theme of the board, but I do like the idea of a forum free of the tyrannic mods and hyper-Salafis.

Still, without some foolish posters and threads, I fear this board will become too serious. Like a evening with 18th-Century bespeckled British anthropologists, stroking their walrus moustaches and clucking their tongues, "Why, whatever to do about the war in Crimea!"

not all academics are boring u know, welcome akhi Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
Ignatius F. Peace

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Good news, friends.   Good news, friends. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 10:44 pm

saadet wrote:
I'm Saadet [aka] Selamat. You all know me. I'm not too keen on the whole pirate theme of the board, but I do like the idea of a forum free of the tyrannic mods and hyper-Salafis.

Free expression should be encouraged ... if your pissed off about something ... you should be able to vent ... we are all human ... some people perceived as trolls may just be newbies to forums and may need to be taken down a notch rather than booted right away ...

We all have our agendas ... we all like to engage in silly conversations from time to time ... going off topic should be expected ...

If as Saadet predicts and things get too serious ... use your mind and sense of humor to pull things back in ... I'm a joker but I still have a message ... let it flow ... see what happens ... adjust as necesssary ...
Back to top Go down
Ignatius F. Peace

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Good news, friends.   Good news, friends. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 10:51 pm

Kal-El wrote:
The theme of the forum can be changed, there are not alot to choose from. This one is the most 'adventurous' whereas there are ones that are exactly like the Ummah theme but that would have been too audacious for me to completely copy that site.

I doubt it would become "too serious". The vast majority of those who will sign up are those who get bored of Ummah for a while and just use a few minutes of their time to post here - and I doubt the hardcore debaters would do that.
I still love the Ummah and will continue to post there ... I have learned too, too much to leave it ... many friends there ...

Damn I'm up late Suspect ... early flight in the morning ... oh well ... sleep on the plane I guess ... anxious to get out of the city ...
Back to top Go down
leela
Forum Member
leela

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Good news, friends.   Good news, friends. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 8:55 am

salam, just registered! Hope you're all well!
Back to top Go down
Kal-El
Admin
Kal-El

Male Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Good news, friends.   Good news, friends. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 9:01 am

leela wrote:
salam, just registered! Hope you're all well!

Wa'alaikum Salaam sis,

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sanctuary.forumotion.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news, friends.   Good news, friends. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good news, friends.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary :: Main :: Member Announcements-